For 141 years, generations of Lakesiders have enjoyed the relaxing and renewing environment that Lakeside Chautauqua provides. Because of the generosity of others, Lakeside has been able to continue to provide these meaningful and memorable experiences.
Do you want to help continue your favorite Lakeside traditions? Here are 10 ways to give back to the Chautauqua community:
2. Plan a gift – The Founders Society provides individuals the opportunity to establish planned gifts (charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, bequests, etc.) or name Lakeside as a beneficiary.
Because this method of giving is customizable, be sure to meet with a financial adviser to make sure your financial needs are met.
3. Matching Gifts – Donating with a matching gift is another unique way to give to Lakeside Chautauqua. A matching gift is a donation from the company you work for or have retired from to the charity of your choice.
To see if your company has a matching gift program, check with your employer’s Human Resource/Personnel Office.
4. Join a club – Along with different ways to give, there are also several donation levels recognized by the Lakeside Chautauqua Foundation. Join the Chautauqua Circle, Directors Club or Lakesider Club. Choose the right level for you and be recognized with other Lakesiders who have also graciously supported the Chautauqua community.
5. Transferring Stock – For those stock savvy Lakesiders, this way to donate is a great option. Visit www.lakesideohio.com/giving, and fill out a Stock Donation Transfer Form to give electronically.
6. Endowment for Life – Giving to the Endowment for Life Initiative is another way to invest in Lakeside Chautauqua’s future. When you give to Lakeside’s endowment, you are helping Lakeside grow the funds that will allow the Chautauqua experience to continue for generations to come. Lakeside only spends 4% of the interest the endowment earns each year, which leaves the principal intact and builds the fund.
For more information on the Endowment for Life Initiative, visit www.lakesideohio.com/giving/endowment-for-life.
7. Memorial & Tribute Gifts – This method of giving is a special way to honor or remember a loved one. These gifts can celebrate milestones, like the birth of a child, wedding or anniversary, remember a loved one or express sympathy to Lakeside friends. By making a tribute gift to the Lakeside Fund, you have an immediate impact on the Lakeside mission, ensuring a quality Chautauqua experience for future generations.
You can also dedicate a new, cushioned seat in Hoover Auditorium in memory or honor of a loved one. Future generations can comfortably appreciate your donation in one Lakeside’s iconic buildings.
8. #Giving Tuesday – Join the philanthropic movement by participating in #GivingTuesday. On Tuesday, Dec. 2, 2014, thousands of people will take part in a national day of giving to improve their communities and support charities and causes. Show your Lakeside pride by making a donation to Lakeside Chautauqua on December 2.
9. Become a Sponsor – You can also become a sponsor for some of Lakeside’s most cherished events and activities, including educational seminars, Hoover Auditorium evening performances or Lakeside Symphony Orchestra concerts.
10. Volunteer – Giving to Lakeside doesn’t have to be monetary – you can donate your time, talents and efforts to help the community. Here are some of our many volunteer opportunities:
- Hoover Greeters & ushers
- Lakesider Editors & Photographers
- Special Events Volunteers
- Recreation Events Volunteers
- Special Musician at Chaplain’s Hour
- Lakeside Fund Ambassadors
- Kids Setting Sail
How are you giving back to Lakeside this summer? Share with us in the comments below.