Lakeside Association Board of Directors
Lakeside Chautauqua is a caring community. To ensure that everyone can rest and renew safely during their stay, we invite you to share the following safety tips with a new friend or little Lakesider. Be kind, share a positive comment and show you care.
1. Carry your Chautauqua Pass with you. This is your golden ticket in and out of the gates, as well as to Hoover shows and the pool.
2. The speed limit in Lakeside is 15 mph. Stop signs mean stop. This goes for ALL forms of transportation, including bikes, golf carts, cars, skateboards, skates, scooters, etc.
3. Only licensed drivers may drive golf carts. One safety belt per person is required.
4. Some areas around Lakeside are for pedestrians only, for example, Walnut Plaza, the lakefront path, the Dock and Bettinger Park. Wheelchairs, baby strollers and kids’ wagons are welcome.
5. Only motor vehicles and golf carts that satisfy the requirements of law and have a valid permit from the Association may operate on the Lakeside grounds.
6. Consumption of alcohol is permitted only within the lessee’s property in Lakeside.
7. Quiet hours are from 11 p.m. (11:30 p.m. on Saturday) to 8 a.m. (noon on Sunday).
8. Fireworks are never allowed.
9. Lakeside Chautauqua is a non-smoking community. Smoking of tobacco products and use of alternative nicotine products is prohibited in Lakeside except within a structure on a lessee’s property.
10. In the event of a tornado, shelters are located at the Fountain Inn, Hoover Auditorium, Orchestra Hall, Hotel Lakeside, Bettinger Park, Pavilion, Wo-Ho-Mis Lodge, the Hilltop House, Erie Guest House, Wesley Lodge, South Auditorium, the Rhein Center and the Legacy House.
This is an abridged list of the Lakeside Rules and Regulations. The full document is posted at lakesideohio.com/rules. If you need further information or have questions, call Lakeside’s Safety Services at 419-635-6030.
Thanks for creating a safe Lakeside. It takes everyone’s help.